The purpose of this Policy Statement is to set out clearly and fully the positive action that the Trustees and employees of the Gloucester 1682 Charitable Trust intend to take to combat direct and indirect discrimination in employment policy. The Trust is committed to providing equality of opportunity in all areas of its work.
The Gloucester 1682 Charitable Trust recognises that everyone has a contribution to make to our society and a right to equal opportunity. Trustees and employees are committed to providing equality of opportunity in all areas of our work including the management of the organisation, relationships with other bodies, partners, community organisations, contractors and individuals.
No job applicant or employee, member, volunteer or organisation/individual with which we work will be discriminated against by us on the grounds of:
- gender (including sex, marriage, gender re-assignment)
- race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin)
- sexual orientation
- religion or belief
We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination through the following:
- Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- All employees (whether part-time, full-time or temporary), volunteers, members, and beneficiaries will be treated fairly and with respect.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our personnel are recognised and valued.
- Every employee, volunteer, member and beneficiary is entitled to be part of an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all Trustees, staff, volunteers.
- Equality is good management practice and makes sound sense.
Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- This policy is fully supported by the Board of Trustees.
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
The successful implementation of this policy depends on the awareness and commitment of all Trustees, staff and volunteers.